The stages will include:
1) Sierra > newly rebuilt Sierra > Lower Boogie
2) Duke > Mini-Boogie > Diesel > Boulder Dash
3) Diesel > Combi > Lazy Susan > Boulder Dash > Duchess > World Cup
4) Upper Chillin; > Fo Sho > Supreme Jumps > Lower Supreme > Drops & Lollipops > World Cup Finish
5) Angel's Plunge > Lemonade > Sierra
• Registration closes at 11 p.m. MST on August 14.
• Entry fee $60 + $25/day for lift tickets.
• Packet Pickup on Saturday from 3-5pm at Angel Fire Bike SHop
• Mandatory riders' meeting at 7:15 a.m. Sunday monring.
FULL FACE HELMETS REQUIRED
Organizers have announced that full face helmets would be required for racers. "In light of the recent tragedy at the EWS race in Crested Butte we as promoters have had to reflect on our race safety plans and think on whether we are doing enough to provide a great racing experience for the racers while mitigating unecessary risk. A major accident turns everyone's life upside down and promoters do what we do for the exact opposite outcome but the harsh enduring reality is that accidents do happen.
After speaking with Angel Fire Bike Park about our Enduro we have come to agree that we should be wearing Full Face Helmets on race day. There are gnarly rock sections, high speed jump lines, twisty tree strewn sections, and it's unnecessary risk to not wear a full face helmet when you're racing."
The 2015 New Mexico Enduro State Championships will take racers down five of Angel Fire's best tracks. | Photo courtesy Angel Fire Bike Park
Angel Fire Bike Park now boasts more than 60 miles of trail and 2,000 vertical feet of mountain biking.