"Having the chance to promote a national level race on some of my favorite trails is something that I'm really excited about," said Mulally in a USA Cycling press release. "As a rider, I hope to deliver everything that I would want from a race in the opening round of the Pro GRT at Windrock Bike Park."
Windrock, also home to famed off-roading, has been an unofficial training ground for gravity pros in the region for years, but thanks to the recent opening to the public by Mulally, the Tennessee hill will make its downhill racing debut. The inaugrual Windrock race will make it the only Midwest stop of the Pro GRT, and as the first mountain bike race in North America to offer UCI points for 2017, will give riders a chance to push their limits early in the season.
2017 Pro GRT Dates
• 03/11-03/12 - Windrock Pro GRT, Oliver Springs, TN
• 05/13-05/14 - N.W. Cup, Port Angeles, WA
• 06/15-06/19 - Beech Mountain Resort Pro GRT, Beech Mountain, NC
• 06/23-06/25 - The Chile Challenge, Angel Fire, NM
• 07/27-07/30 - Beast of the East Pro GRT, Killington, VT
• 08/12-08/13 - Windham Pro GRT, Windham, NY