After three years working through the start-up phase, we have tons of momentum and are ready to build our team. MTBparks.com is now accepting resumes in search of the most creative, energetic and successful mountain biking addicts who can seamlessly combine professionalism, fun, profit, stoke and fresh ideas!
Sales, Sponsorship and Marketing Manager
This position is responsible for developing and closing sponsorship opportunities, building relationships and partnerships with companies that benefit our growing member base, aka MTBparks Pass holders, managing local advertising sales reps in resort communities and collaborating with the team to create additional opportunities for the brand's growth.
The Sales, Sponsorship and Marketing Manager will also work with the Sales and Marketing Gurus, who are responsible for selling advertising to local businesses within defined states or regions, to create opportunities to bring additional business to our advertisers.
This position also involves developing sales & marketing programs for the MTBparks Pass, including creating local bike shop programs, event & team sales programs and developing other membership building strategies.
Sales, Sponsorship and Marketing Manager responsibilities:
Accomplishes business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans; implementing sales plans; managing staff.
Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic calls and visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
In order to be considered for this position you must:
- Possess excellent people skills and emotional intelligence
- Be able to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Show that you are motivated and self directed
- Be awesome at managing your time and others
- Proven track record with advertising and/or sponsorship sales experience
- Possess successful background in sponsorship/partner/team program development
The ideal candidate should be:
Hardworking, trustworthy and reliable
Passionate and knowledgeable about freeride and gravity biking
Interested in contributing to the growth of the industry
Able to interact with the public in a professional and friendly manner
Prone to start up conversations with anyone/anywhere, likes networking
What will get you to the top of the list:
- Are well-respected among your peers, colleagues, community and folks you know in the bike industry.
- Possess successful history in advertising/sponsorship/partner program development
- Have solid writing and communication skills
- Able to assist with developing creative materials
- Knowledge of Zoho or other CRM applications
- Able to implement and utilize latest technology and marketing tools. Example – Crushpath
- Innovative and creative thinking and no fear of expressing your ideas and/or thoughts
- Willingness to invest time and energy to develop tools & processes to create successful programs
- A friendly, positive attitude, and appreciation of good lift-access gravity riding!
- Ability to travel to lift-served bike parks, events, trade shows, etc.
As sales, sponsorship and marketing manager, you will be given creative license to help guide MTBparks into the next big phase. You'll bring new ideas and help develop existing opportunities from the ground up. We expect you to own the sales cycle, from developing and cultivating leads through prospecting and qualifying, to negotiating and closing partnerships.
This is a virtual office position. You will work closely with the founder to collaborate and discuss new business opportunities, strategies, etc. And you will be responsible for helping recruit and develop a strong team of sales gurus to assist in the success of your great ideas. You and your team will track and record lead generation and the sales process.
Our pay rate is a highly competitive commission and performance based bonus structure that is designed to help you prosper. If you're a good fit and successful in this position, we want to keep you happy and reward you for your hard work.
If you're a Sales, Sponsorship and Marketing PRO and LOVE gravity-fueled mountain biking as much as we do, this is a GREAT opportunity to join the MTBparks.com Team!
Please respond via email to "jobs at mtbparks.com" with your resume, cover letter, and brief paragraph stating 'Why You Would be an Asset to the MTBparks Team.'