Scroll down to watch the preview video.
"Just asValdez gave birth to big mountain skiing, we hope to inspire fat biking to roll in brave, new directions. It should be quite a ride!" says the event page.
The signature event, the World Fat Freeride Championship takes place on a former World Extreme Skiing Championship venue on Thompson Pass. To put that in perspective, the course is 2 miles long, drops 3,000 feet of elevation and the top speed in the best practice run was 44 miles per hour with a finish time was just a hair over 6 minutes.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY, MARCH 1 & 2
Downhill practice and/or competition, weather dependent. Competitors will be advised.
FRIDAY, MARCH 3
• 7 p.m. - Fat Bike Bash registration opens @ The Fat Mermaid, 143 N. Harbor Dr.
• 9 p.m. - Ursa Major Northern Lights Criterium & Street Party, harbor district. Bring night lights, glow sticks, glow paint and anything else that lights up the night. Costumes encouraged.
SATURDAY, MARCH 4
• 10 a.m. - Revelate XC, spicy in-town route over the river and through the woods, start and finish at Kelsey Dock
• 2 - 6 p.m. - Hoodoo Fat Bike Rodeo @ Kelsey Dock. Show your skills at fat BMX, barrel racing, drag racing, slow bike/foot downs, and other fun events.
• 6 p.m. - Big Air, Big Splash. A bike, a ramp and anyone silly enough to launch into Prince William Sound @ Kelsey Dock.
• 9 p.m. - Dance Party @ The Fat Mermaid with Hoodoo Brewing.
SUNDAY, MARCH 5
• 10 a.m. - Citizens Downhill or Fat FreeRide Worlds Finals.